The journey of awakening your heart's deepest longing is a quest for freedom and happiness. It can be challenging, fun, interesting and rewarding, bringing wisdom and insight to those who chose to follow it. It is a journey to discover our authentic Self.Integrative Transpersonal Counseling & Psychotherapy
(online sessions available)
As we grow, we are conditioned, we adapt, we forget... we often lose sight of our heart's desire, of our own life force. Life, relationships, work, everything looses a bit of its vibrant colors.
My name is Theodore Kyriakos. I am trained as an integrative transpersonal psychotherapist (at CCPE, in London, UK). I also draw from the Sufi and Shamanic traditions.
In my work I like to fuse east with west, light with dark, and the known with the unknown, aiming to facilitate others to explore and unfold their true potential, develop their inner resources, and access their creativity.
I am also trained as a supervisor, providing supervision and training to trainee or qualified therapists.
If you want to learn more and stay updated on upcoming workshops, events and retreats, you are more than welcome to join my group 'Awakening the Heart' on Facebook.
The way I practice as a psychotherapist is by establishing a safe, trusting relationship in which the client feels free to express personal thoughts and emotions. It is through this free expression that we gain deep, personal insight and have the opportunity to integrate the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of our personality. I aim to help clients explore their true potential, to develop their inner resources, and to access their creativity. I also teach mindfulness, helping individuals to process difficult feelings, reduce and manage stress (at home, work etc), improve relationships and optimize creativity and productivity.
Initially I have had a central London psychotherapy practice since 2002 for 8 years. Currently I am practicing in San Francisco and Santa Monica in California as well as online through Skype. I am committed to providing both counseling and psychotherapy in a confidential and non-judgmental environment.
I work with individuals and couples on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period.
I am currently living between San Francisco and Santa Monica in California. At the moment most of my sessions are done by phone or Skype in the convenience of your home. Online Skype sessions are helpful not only for clients that live far or abroad but also for professionals that travel frequently and/or have a busy schedule. For more information please contact me directly by email. Thank you.
- Thank you for being so supportive, challenging, funny (well some of the time) and generally a fantastic therapist. I honestly don’t feel I would have ‘made it’ without you and I am truly eternally grateful. (K.C. client)
- Theo is an excellent psychotherapist and is deeply committed to his work. He is very professional in his approach to client work and has a great desire to serve his clients to the best of his ability. Theo knows how to support, contain and hold his clients but at the same time he is able to challenge very effectively. (A.C. supervisor)
- Just a small note from me to say thank you for everything you have done for me. I couldn’t have gotten to where I am today without your help and guidance. (H.M. client)
- Theodore is a truth-seeker and this is combined with a strong sense of compassion for the other. He is interested and attentive, receptive and engaged. He takes the work seriously and forms a strong empathetic bond to those who see him for therapy. (P.M. supervisor)
- I have particularly appreciated Theo’s obvious wealth of experience, incisive insights and very true and honest feedback that I have felt has provided insights into myself and my relationships, which i will find useful on my journey to come. (R.P. client)
Upcoming Workshops and RetreatsSHADOW, SKILL + BREAKTHROUGH
ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING & YOGA PSYCHOLOGY TRAINING
NEW DATES AND LOCATIONS COMING SOON
with Sianna Sherman, Ashley Turner, Dr. Ronald Alexander & Theodore Kyriakos
Join us for a cutting-edge, dynamic integration of YOGA, MINDFULNESS + WESTERN PSYCHOLOGY. This training is designed for all yoga instructors or therapists who are ready for a profound change in their teaching and practice.
This is a rare opportunity to study in-depth with 4 master teachers, weaving together their expertise in Hatha Yoga, Tantra, Yoga Psychology, Buddhism, Gestalt, Transpersonal Psychology, Priestess work and Mindfulness.
Topics to be covered:
Asana, mantra, mudra + meditation for psychological + emotional healing
Chakras as a map of the psyche-soma connection and how to teach in asana
Shadow work basics to help avoid the pitfalls of teaching
Awareness and therapeutic use of power dynamics in the yoga room
Transference, counter-transference, projection + erotic transference
Introduction to the neuroscience of “How Yoga + Meditation Works”
Facing your fears and transforming your voice as a teacher
Myths of yoga for personal + universal understanding
Explore your edge and refine your skills in this safe and nurturing environment. Each day will be an integration of yoga, meditation, lecture, practice sessions teaching with direct feedback, inner transpersonal work, and soaking in the famous Esalen healing waters.
Whether you are new to teaching yoga or very seasoned, this training will leave you inspired and rejuvenated. You will gain effective tools for a lifetime of exploration and bring renewed passion to your teaching.
FOR YOGA TEACHERS: CEU’s count toward Sianna Sherman’s 500 hr. Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (E-RYT)
FOR THERAPISTS + MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS: 31.5 CEU’s available for Psychotherapists, Psychologists + Licensed Counselors
Shadow Work Tele CourseTO REGISTER PLEASE EMAIL ME HERE
Shadow Work Course Description
PRICE: $380 (USD)
Dates: March 19 - May 7, 2014
8 consecutive Wednesdays at 6pm PST
Live attendance or audio stream at your convenience
A course for the Alchemy of the Soul:
In the physical world, there can be no light without it's shadow. The outer world reflects the inner world.
With Shadow Work you learn to identify, engage and heal your buried wounds to call your Soul back into wholeness.
‘Union reveals pure consciousness’
This course is designed to give you a personal experience of doing the work. You will learn in-depth techniques and
how to apply these techniques in practical ways for your transformation and facilitate integration of all aspects of Self. This course is a great resource for personal development and for therapists and healers ready to expand their skill level.
You will be trained to use Active imagination, mindfulness and your body to access the realms of your unconscious, increase your intuition and the voice of inner guidance. Active imagination refers to using the imaginal realm as the means to connect with your unconscious mind, or the higher Self and more.
In this in depth Shadow Work course some of the key topics of focus:
- Projection and how to use it to track your shadows
- Basic psychodynamics and stepping into our power
- Who is your puppeteer? Identify and change the inner voices that control you
- Manage and transform difficult emotions
- Source information from your unconscious
- Use body, breath and mindfulness in the service of transformation
- Draw inspiration from places of stagnation and navigate creative blocks
- Connect with your power, inner guidance and live a more authentic life
TO REGISTER PLEASE EMAIL ME HERE